The Vampire Facelift is a popular named used to describe the non-surgical cosmetic Selphyl medical procedure. It received it’s nickname because the procedure consists of putting part of the patient’s own blood back into specific areas of skin on the face to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and to bring forth a healthier, younger looking glow. It is also known as PRP Therapy (Platelet Rich Plasma). This is because the patient’s blood is filtered to a platelet-rich fibrin matrix, which activates the platelets within the blood and further stimulates the skin cells and increasing collagen production to give that youthful, beautiful appearance that follows.
The Vampire Facelift is often performed:
- To treat smile lines (cheeks, under the eyes, mouth etc.)
- To eliminate unwanted wrinkles and folds.
- To get a younger looking appearance.
- To get a healthier glow.
Although the Vampire Facelift is similar to dermal fillers, the difference is that it does not require the injection of a foreign substance into the skin. This results in a safer, more effective facelift procedure.
What is the Procedure of the Vampire Facelift?
- A small portion of your blood is taken in tubes and placed in a centrifuge, which separates the blood cells from the platelet rich plasma.
- Platelets contain a number of proteins that have the amazing ability to heal injured tissue and damaged skin.
- Using numbing cream and a very small needle so the patient feels very little to no pain at all, the physician injects the PRP into the skin on the areas where they are experiencing wrinkles, folds and dull skin.
- The platelets release their growth factors to stimulate the surrounding cells to repair, increase in volume, create new collagen, fatty tissue and blood vessels, which ultimately, rejuvenate the skin.
- The cells are activated to ‘repair’ the skin that was never injured and the result of this is younger, healthier looking skin.
The Vampire Facelift treatment takes approximately 30 to 40 minutes to perform, and for the best results, up to three treatments 4 to 8 weeks apart and then maintained once or twice a year are recommended. Your skin may appear a little red after the procedure but this typically goes away within a couple of hours, allowing you to get back to your normal day-to-day activities. You may also experience mild swelling which goes away in a couple of days.Who is the Vampire Facelift For?
- Anyone experiencing tired and dry skin.
- To decrease the signs of aging such as wrinkles and fine lines and sagging skin.
- To treat skin discoloration or sun-damaged skin (cheeks, mid-face, jaw line etc.)
- People who are at an increased risk of allergies.
- People who want natural facelift treatment.
Benefits of the Vampire Facelift:
There is an abundance of benefits of having the Vampire Facelift procedure, both cosmetically and financially.
- Since the treatment uses the patient’s own blood, there is a decrease in the risk of rejection to near minimum.
- Natural resources are used as opposed to foreign fillers.
- Little to no side effects.
- Versatile and Long Term Results.
- The Vampire Facelift restores shape and improves skin tone and texture, while also providing rejuvenated, younger looking skin.
- The effects of the Vampire Facelift improve for two to three months.
- The results last or one to two years.
- Non-Surgical Option.
- Short-recovery time.
- In comparison to other facelift procedures, the Vampire Facelift is significantly less costly.
- Minimal Discomfort.
- Little to no pain is experienced during the process and healing period.
Case Studies Coming Soon