Medical Micro Needling, also referred to as Collagen Induction Therapy. It is a treatment option for wrinkles and pigmentation, scars (including burn scars, acne scars and surgical scars) and stretch marks.
Clinical studies have shown that medical micro needling creates channels in the dermis that stimulate the body to repair and produce concentrated amounts of collagen and proteins to the treated areas of skin. The result is skin thickening being increased by up to 80% thus reducing wrinkles and slowly reducing stretch marks.
- Promotes healing: stimulating skin elastin and collagen production.
- Promotes new blood vessel production.
- Increases the penetration of cosmeceutical creams and lotions to the deeper layers of the skin.
How does the Micro-Needling Device Work?
- Micro-Needling Device makes pin point punctures in the skin dermis.
- The new tiny channels encourage the active ingredients to penetrate to the dermis where they need to work.
- The channels may remain open for 24-48 hours.
- These micro-punctures are perceived by the body as damage, which stimulates the release of growth factors that
trigger the production of collagen and elastin.
- By persistently triggering the healing process, you encourage your body to continue healing.
- This process of skin remodelling can go on for months after each Micro-Needling treatment, but noticeable results
may be seen usually around 4-6 weeks.
Will Microneedling remove stretch marks?
The Micro-Needling Device treats stretch marks by stimulating the production of new blood vessels, collagen fibres and elastin in the skin. Your doctor will use a needle length between 1.5 -3.0mm. Usually many sessions are required 4-6 weeks to see a visible improvement.
Does Microneedling Device remove wrinkles?
Medical microneedling is good at giving an overall rejuvenated skin appearance. Over a number of repeated sessions the appearance of wrinkles will improve.
How does Microneedling Device treat Hyperpigmentation?
The tiny skin channels formed by the microneedling facilitates the transportation of active ingredients to the melanocytes, where the dark pigment, melanin is made..
How many treatments will I need? How long do the treatments take?
We recommend a course of 4-6 treatments spaced 4 weeks apart.
Are any side effects?
Some immediate side effects include redness, skin peeling, mild skin sensitivity on the treated areas but all of these effects subside within 24-72 hours but may vary from person to person.
Is there any down time and does it hurt?
There is very little down time, your skin will look and feel mildly sunburnt for approximately 24 hours post-treatment and may start to peel slightly the next day. This is a normal reaction. We use an anaesthetic cream on the faceto reduce any discomfort during the treatment.
Case Studies Coming Soon