Isolaz Acne Therapy
Isolaz is an FDA-approved acne treatment that uses light therapy and suction to clean pores. It helps to treat pustular and comedonal acne, blackheads, enlarged pores, as well as mild to moderate and acne vulgaris.
- CLEANSE: Vacuum applies gentle pressure on your pores helping to loosen and extract dirt, blackheads and excess oil from deep within your pores.
- PURIFY: Broadband light helps destroy acne causing bacteria, as well as reduce facial redness caused by acne.
What will I expect during the Isolaz procedure?
Prior to treatment
Your skin will be sprayed with water before the treatment. There is no need for pre-treatment medication or topical anaesthetic.
We will place the Isolaz tip on the area to be treated. Appropriate settings will be selected based on your skin type and tolerance. You will feel a gentle pressure and warm sensation as your skin is drawn into the treatment tip with the vacuum technology. In less than a second, a flash of light will be applied. We will then move on to the next treatment area, and repeat the process over the entire treatment area.
After your treatment
Once your treatment is complete, you are free to resume your normal activities. You may find that your skin takes on a healthy glow and feels cleaner immediately following your treatment. Depending on your individual situation, we will usually ask you to continue other acne treatments while undergoing Isolaz treatments.
Below are some simple things that you should do on a daily basis to care for your skin. These steps may help reduce acne as well as lessen the side-effects of acne such as dry skin and acne scars.
- Wash your face twice a day (no more) with warm water and a mild soap made for people with acne. Gently massage your face with circular motions. Don’t scrub. Overwashing and scrubbing can cause skin to become irritated. After cleansing, the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) recommends applying an over-the-counter (no prescription needed) lotion containing benzoyl peroxide. This will decrease oil and bacteria.
- Do not squeeze pimples, as this can push infected material further into the skin, leading to more swelling and redness, and even scarring.
- Touching your face can spread the bacteria that cause pores to become inflamed and irritated. To keep bacteria at bay, wash your hands before applying anything to your face, such as treatment creams or makeup
- Remove your makeup before you go to sleep. When buying makeup, make sure you choose brands that say “noncomedogenic” or “nonacnegenic” on the label. Throw away old makeup that smells or looks different from when you first bought it. Try to use mineral makeup.
- Protect your skin from the sun. It may seem like a tan masks acne, but it is only temporary. A tan may worsen your acne, not improve it. Tanning also causes damage to skin that will eventually lead to wrinkles and increase your risk of skin cancer.
- One other thing which can help is to make sure that you get enough sleep and make an effort to remove the stress in your life. Pimples often appear once your body is stressed, by getting adequate sleep you are able to help avoid this.
If acne scars are a concern please ask us for a consultation on mature acne scars.
Acne scars may result from pimples, whiteheads and blackheads that form when oil, bacteria and dead cells get stuck below the surface of the skin.
Who is Isolaz suitable for?
You may be suitable if the following applies to you:
- You break out often and wish you had clearer skin
- You are tired of worrying about getting a breakout – even if it’s monthly
- You have blackheads, your skin seems oily, your skin appears dull
- You have not responded to other acne treatments, including oral and topical medications
Is it Comfortable?
In a published clinical study, 100% of patients noted Isolaz treatments were painless.2 In our experience some may find it mildly uncomfortable but tolerable.
Are Non-Responders to Other Acne Treatments suitable for Isolaz?
Isolaz treatments often take only 15 to 30 minutes! There is little to no downtime.
Is it suitable for all skin types?
Although Isolaz is FDA approved for use on all skin types (light or dark) we prepare to use it pale to olive skins.
It is safe, reliable and effective as a standalone acne therapy or as a complementary treatment to other acne regimens (please consult your Isolaz treatment provider). Isolaz can even jump-start a topical treatment regimen by helping your skin absorb skincare products better.
Are there any clinical Studies?
Clinical studies by leading dermatologists have proven the effectiveness of Isolaz to treat acne.
- Immediate results within 24–48 hours, including reduced redness, clearing of skin discoloration and immediate drying/ flattening of the blemish.1
- Significant decrease in number of acne lesions (spots, pimples, pustules) and a decrease in the amount of oil production.
How does Isolaz work?
Isolaz deliver an effective acne treatment by the combination of the power of vacuum with the proven benefits of broadband light.
Case Studies Coming Soon