Fat grafting is also known as fat transfer or fat injections and is the procedure in which fat from areas in your body in which you have plentiful or excess amounts, such as the inner knees, outer thighs, stomach and back are transferred to areas that are lacking in volume, such as your breasts, hands, face or buttocks. It is a safe and long-lasting procedure that produces natural results and can give you the body and appearance you have desired without having to opt for silicone parts.Various Uses of Fat GraftingThere are many incredible uses for fat grafting and some of the most common ones include:
- To smooth facial areas that appear creased or sunken.
- To provide more permanent correction than temporary fillers.
- To improve body contour, rejuvenate hands and faces, revise scars and fill bodily depressions.
- To reconstruct the breasts or hide obvious signs of breast implants.
Advantages of Fat Grafting
The top advantages of receiving a fat grafting procedure are as follows, but speaking with our doctors will provide you with more information that is tailored to your individual circumstances:
- Use of your own body fat instead of dermal fillers.
- Provide natural looking results.
- Minimally invasive procedure.
Fat grafts are always weight dependent, and as long as there is no significant weight loss post the augmentation, the results will remain permanently.
There is a significant change in trend where the buttocks are involved. Previously many have wanted smaller buttocks but now there is a larger movement to bigger more rounded buttocks. Whilst this trend does exist there is no denying that throughout these changes the more element that has remained consistent and that is the majority of people have always wanted more youthful, perfect buttocks rather than flat and saggy ones.
Buttock augmentation, also known as the Brazilian Butt Lift always involves the liposuction of the lower back and waist and usually the abdomen. The harvested fat is then transferred to both buttocks to produce a rounded and enhanced bottom.
Advantages of Fat Grafting:
- Fat transfer is minimally invasive.
- Does notrequire a general anesthesia.
- Results are natural looking.
Fat Grafting to your Hands
Hand rejuvenation is quickly growing in popularity as fat grafting to your hands has the ability to add volume back into the appearance making tendons and bones less obvious while also hiding unsightly veins. Typically with this procedure, a small amount of fat is removed under local anesthesia. It is then filtered with Puregraft and inserted into the back of your hand in which the transfer of the fat occurs.
Advantages of Hands Fat Grafting:
- Typically there is no visible scarring.
- Minimal swelling and possible bruising post procedure.
- Minimal down time.
- Procedure takes approximately 90 minutes.
- Results appear instantly with more realistic impressions showing anywhere between 2 to 8 weeks.
Facial microfat grafting is a popular alternative to those of you who do not want HA fillers or implants. The procedure usually only uses local anaesthesia and a small amount of fat is removed from you, usually from diet resistant area, such as the inner knees or love handles. It is then transferred into your face with a fine blunt cannula/ tube.
Advantages of Facial Fat Grafting:
- Procedure usually takes 60-90 minutes.
- More permanent results than with other filler options, as long as weight is maintained reasonably well
- Results appear instantly with more realistic appearance showing anywhere between 8-16 weeks.
- Minimal swelling and bruising that lasts usually a few days but can last up to 7 days.
- Eliminate facial creases such as hollowed cheeks, smile and laugh lines.
- Can correct skin depressions and skin indentations.
- Fat is removed from areas in which there is diet resistant fat.
- Often applied to face, lips and cheeks, as well as other sunken areas and acne scars.
The picture on the page is not a true patient photo and it must have been bought by the other company but it can be deemed as false advertising so may you please remove it and replace it with something of your liking.
Enquire Now – We will call you
What aftercare is required?
A small waterproof dressing to the injection site on your buttocks will be applied, which you will need to wear for ten days. We prescribe a course of antibiotics to help reduce the chances of infection. For the areas treated with liposuction you will need to wear a primary/surgical compression garment and binder for three weeks and avoid strenuous exercise whilst wearing it
Are there any complications associated with the procedure?
Most patients will experience discomfort around the treated area for 1-3 days and may also notice a dull ache for a further 1-4 weeks. You may also notice some swelling and bruising. Possible complications include the risks outlined with the prescribed medications and the risks associated with any surgical procedure.
How long will the results last?
With a stable weight the results are permanent once the initial settling down period has occurred; however the implanted fat will change and evolve naturally as your body ages.
How soon will I see the results?
You will see a filling effect straight away, however results will improve and stabilise as the grafted fat becomes an integral part of your buttocks during the months after treatment.
How long does the procedure take?
Typically around 3- 3.5 hours
Will I feel any pain during the procedure?
You will feel minimal discomfort, the area will be numbed with a local anaesthetic before commencement of the Power X Vaser® liposuction.
What does the treatment involve?
Fat Transfer to the buttocks should be seen as a combination procedure with the liposuction taking place at the first stage of the treatment. The ideal candidates for Buttock Augmentation with Fat Transfer are those that are keen to lose stubborn fat, typically from areas such as the abdomen back and flanks together with those wanting more pronounced rounded buttocks.
Once the liposuction has taken place, the harvested fat will then be administered under local anaesthetic with a small needle and then a cannula.
The entire procedure typically takes 3.5 hours to perform and can be done under local anaesthetic, resulting in a quicker recovery for the patient.