Anti-wrinkle injections (Botox®).
The use of BOTOX® (Botulinum toxin type A) is a commonly used aesthetic treatment to reduce and to prevent wrinkles and lines. Botulinum toxin may be used as part of a treatment plan when treating the face as a whole.
- Botulinum toxin has truly revolutionized the treatment of ageing skin.
- Botulinum toxin is the most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedure performed by doctors in the UK
- Botulinum toxin injections are unparalleled for the treatment of forehead lines. In fact they may have a similar effect as a surgical brow lift.
- Botulinum toxin is excellent for removing wrinkles around the eyes, and the under-eye bulge, to open the eyes up.
Botulinum toxin injections for wrinkles is an extremely safe procedure. In our clinics we use Botulinum toxin A with great success to treat dynamic wrinkles (those lines that form in skin where the underlying muscles are used frequently e.g. around the eyes, on the forehead and the area between the eyes.
Botox area guide
- ‘Frown lines [Glabellar]: Between the eyebrows
- ‘Forehead’: Horizontal lines emphasized on raising your eyebrows on the forehead
- ‘Crows feet’: Lines to the side of the eyes
- ‘Bunny lines’ [To the upper side of the nose]
- ‘Brow Lift’: Lifting of the eyebrows
What are the possible side effects?
- Slight discomfort
- Mild bruising
Less common side effects:
- Slight drooping of the eyelid that usually resolves.
- Long term side-effects have been not been recorded.
Will Botulinum toxin leave my face expressionless?
No. We will only treat the specific muscles that are responsible for your wrinkles.
How Does Botulinum toxin A Work?
Botulinum toxin contains a highly purified protein, when injected in to the muscles the product relaxes the area and result in a reduced muscle activity. It therefore softens lines and wrinkles. It takes approximately 1 to 2 weeks to see the effect of the injected Botulinum toxin.
Will my face ‘droop’ if I do not have repeat treatments?
No. This is a reversible treatment and there are no permanent effects. In fact, your skin is likely to have benefited from the period of reduced muscle contraction, as wrinkle formation is slower during this time.
You are advised to stay upright and to try to exercise the areas treated for 2-4 hours following the injections. Avoid massaging these areas as this will prevent diffusion of Botulinum toxin solution to surrounding muscles.
Who should avoid Botulinum Toxin ?
Individuals with a history on a neuromuscular disorder such as multiple sclerosis (MS) or Guillian-Barre Syndrome are not candidates for Botulinum Toxin A. You cannot receive Botulinum Toxin A if you have an infection where the Botulinum Toxin A will be injected, are allergic to any of the ingredients in Botulinum Toxin A or are pregnant. Some conditions may increase the chance of infection. Our doctor will review your medical history before you receive Botulinum Toxin A.
Case Studies Coming Soon
Costs for facial anti-wrinkle injections: (Doctor only)
- 1 Area £195
- 2 Areas £245
- 3 Areas £295
- 4 Areas £345