The Acne Clear promotes an effective and therapeutic experience with incredible results for acne. Acne Clear is a specifically designed system that uses AFT to improve its therapeutic effectiveness and reduce the potential for problems.
What is AFT?
It is an Advanced Fluorescent Technology system made by Alma lasers that treats active acne but is not limited to this alone as it rejuvenates skin for an overall younger and more refreshed look. This technology allows for treatment that has virtually no discomfort and maximum effectiveness that is achieved with the high output of energy that allows for faster and more effective results.
The treatments take advantage of revolutionary technology that uses intense pulsed light for better emission and penetration into your skin that is also safer and more effective than other treatment options. Every pulse produces an exact amount of energy density across the entire area on the skin to ensure repeatable results. There is significantly less discomfort, minimal skin damage and higher efficiency with Acne Clear laser.
The Acne Clear can be used to treat skin on a variety of places including:
Forehead, Cheeks, Upper Lip, Eye area, neck area & Chest
Our Medical professional will give you specific recommendations of treatment based on your concerns and desires.
The treatments with Acne Clear are:
- Reduce/ eliminate the need for topical or systemic drugs
- Comfortable treatment
- No downtime
- Easy to administer
- 8 treatments over 4 weeks produce results three times faster than pharmaceuticals.
- 8 easy treatments instead of daily pills or creams
- Quick treatment times
- Quicker results than pharmaceuticals
- Safe treatment with 80% acne clearance on average
With 8 treatments over a 4-week period, you can receive up to three times faster results than you would get with pharmaceuticals. There is no need to remember to take daily pills or cleansing with special creams. You book your appointments and enjoy the therapeutic experience that offers maximum effectiveness within the industry.
How does Acne Clear work?
It improves inflammatory acne lesions by flashing intense blue wavelengths in the range of 420-950 nm. The blue light kills and reduces number of the P. Acnes on the skin. As P. Acnes causes active acne its reduction by the Acne Clear causes a calming effect of the skin and thus an improvement of the skin quality taking it closer to normality.
How does the Blue wavelength kill the P.Acnes?
When fired the blue wavelength light targets the porphyrins produced as part of the normal metabolism of p. acnes bacteria. The interaction of the intense blue light and the porphyrins creates singlet oxygen that rapidly destroys the bacteria without damaging the surrounding tissue.
What are the side effects?
The Acne Clear laser is considered safe for all skin types. However, very few patients may experience some minor side effects that should subside within a couple of days. The most common being redness or swelling. Since the Acne Clear laser system meets all medical requirements, it is a safe option for versatile and reliable treatments.
Can the Acne Clear used in combination with other in clinic treatments?
Yes, often in the same session we opt to use medical microdermasion prior to the treatment with Acne Clear to make it more effective and for quicker results.
What will I expect during the treatment?
Prior to treatment
Your skin will be applied with an aqueous gel before the treatment. There is no need for pre-treatment medication or topical anaesthetic.
We will place the tip on the area to be treated. Appropriate settings will be selected based on your skin type and tolerance. You will feel a warm sensation with a flash of light. We will then move on to the next treatment area, and repeat the process over the entire treatment area.
After your treatment
Once your treatment is complete, you are free to resume your normal activities. You may find that your skin takes on a healthy glow and feels cleaner immediately following your treatment. Depending on your individual situation, we will usually ask you to continue other acne treatments while undergoing ACNE CLEAR treatments.
Below are some simple things that you should do on a daily basis to care for your skin. These steps may help reduce acne as well as lessen the side-effects of acne such as dry skin and acne scars.
- Wash your face twice a day (no more) with warm water and a mild soap made for people with acne. Gently massage your face with circular motions. Don’t scrub. Overwashing and scrubbing can cause skin to become irritated. After cleansing, the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) recommends applying an over-the-counter (no prescription needed) lotion containing benzoyl peroxide. This will decrease oil and bacteria.
- Do not squeeze pimples, as this can push infected material further into the skin, leading to more swelling and redness, and even scarring.
- Touching your face can spread the bacteria that cause pores to become inflamed and irritated. To keep bacteria at bay, wash your hands before applying anything to your face, such as treatment creams or makeup
- Remove your makeup before you go to sleep. When buying makeup, make sure you choose brands that say “noncomedogenic” or “nonacnegenic” on the label. Throw away old makeup that smells or looks different from when you first bought it. Try to use mineral makeup.
- Protect your skin from the sun. It may seem like a tan masks acne, but it is only temporary. A tan may worsen your acne, not improve it. Tanning also causes damage to skin that will eventually lead to wrinkles and increase your risk of skin cancer.
- One other thing which can help is to make sure that you get enough sleep and make an effort to remove the stress in your life. Pimples often appear once your body is stressed, by getting adequate sleep you are able to help avoid this.
What can I do for my mature Acne Scars?
Acne scars may result from pimples, whiteheads and blackheads that form when oil, bacteria and dead cells get stuck below the surface of the skin.
If acne scars are a concern please ask us for a consultation on mature acne scars. We normally use two systems, 1.the Pixel laser and 2.The Ultrapulse Total FX laser. We will advice you as to which will be suitable during your consultation.
Can you use any medical treatments at home at the same time?
Yes, if you prefer to combine in-clinic with at home therapies we recommend Obagi Clenziderm or Agera Acne System.
When I have a good treatment outcome do you recommend any maintenance therapies?
Yes, we recommend Agera microderma Systema for at home maintenance therapy if you no longer have any active acne.